Play a French greeting!
Listen to La valse à mille temps by Jacques Brel.
Baccalauréat lycée Hélène Boucher (Paris,France) Licence ès Lettres in Spanish Sorbonne (Paris, France) Diplôme d'Etudes Supérieures Sorbonne (Paris, France)
Teaching Assistant of French and Spanish University of Illinois (Urbana, Illinois) Adjunct Assistant Professor of French and Spanish Le Moyne College (Syracuse, N.Y.) Part-Time Instructor of Spanish Syracuse University (Syracuse, N.Y.) Consultant in French Syracuse Language Systems
Consultant in French J.S. Phelps & Associates, Inc.
Consultant in French Tickets.com Corporation
Consultant in French Berlitz International, Inc
Translator in French (software) United Nations
TOP FIVE REASONS FOR LEARNING FRENCH
1. You will discover the beauty of a new language and a new way of looking at the world.
2. You will understand your own language better (vocabulary and grammar) and will appreciate its uniqueness.
3. You will discover another culture famous for its contributions to science, literature, arts, fashion, cuisine, .... and "savoir-vivre".
4. You will increase your job opportunities and find more interesting and better paid employment.
5. You will have more fun and be welcomed when travelling in Canada, the Caribbean, Europe and Africa.
Here are the syllabi for some courses:
French 330, French Civilization
French 301, Advanced French Conversation
French 302, Advanced French Grammar
French 206, French Through Film
French 202, Intermediate Conversation and Composition II
French 201, Intermediate Conversation and Composition I
French 104, Intermediate French II
French 103, Intermediate French I
Spanish 104, Intermediate Spanish II
Spanish 103, Intermediate Spanish I
Spanish 102, Elementary Spanish II
Spanish 101, Elementary Spanish I
SITES ON THE WEB
Here are some sites you may want to check out:
Tennessee Bob's famous French links
Informations sur la vie politique française
Ambassade de France
Ministère des Affaires Etrangères
Europa, l'Union européenne
Le Nouvel Observateur
Les pages jaunes de France Télécom
Pariscope (Find out what you can do in Paris this week)
le Musée d'Orsay
la Cité des Sciences et de l'Industrie
le Musée des Arts et Métiers
the store La Redoute
the store La FNAC
Le livre international
L'université de Paris: la Sorbonne
Centre Georges Pompidou (Beaubourg)
Les Capétiens, les croisades
Columbia University, Department of Art History and Archaeology
The Translator's Home Companion
Le Moyne Sites:
Created: 11/1/96 Updated: 01/14/14