Break up into small groups.
or more members of your group to
(1) prepare a summary of your group's discussion and
(2) make a list of your group's members.
Make sure each member of your group has a copy of your answers (for use on the next quiz).
Discuss your answers to the following questions.
1. If you tried to live according to the teaching of I and Thou what would you have to do?
2. If you lived according to the Tao Te Ching, what would you have to do?
3. Briefly state Buber's definition of "love". Then give an example.
4. According to Buber, what three kinds of beings can we have an I-Thou relation with? Give an example of each.
5. What are at least two things the Tao Te Ching says about love in the context of education or politics?
Last edited, Dec. 5, 2011
Michael Kagan , Le Moyne College,